The layered potatoes dish, “Rakott krumpli,” is a true traditional favorite that can make its way to the dining table in exciting variations, and one can never get enough of it. Whether prepared in a French style with thinly sliced potatoes, topped with cream or béchamel sauce, or in a Hungarian style with sausage, bacon, and plenty of sour cream, it’s always a satisfying meal. Whichever version you choose, it’s worth preparing in larger quantities because reheating it in the oven the next day can make it even more delicious.
(for 4 servings)
– 1 kg potatoes
– 8 eggs
– 2 sausages
– 35 dkg (350 g) sour cream
– 25 dkg (250 g) cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Oil as needed
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 30 minutes
1. Thoroughly wash the potatoes and cook them in enough water to cover, until they are moderately soft (the cooking time depends on the size of the potatoes). Drain the water from the potatoes and let them cool.
2. Boil the eggs until they are hard (after boiling, let them sit for 10 minutes). Pour off the water and let them cool.
3. Slice the sausage into any preferred thickness. Peel and slice the cooled potatoes, peel and grate the eggs.
4. Grate the cheese.
5. Arrange half of the sliced potatoes in a baking dish. Spread sour cream on top of the potatoes, then sprinkle half of the grated cheese. Add the eggs and place the sausage slices on top of the ingredients. Close the layers with the remaining sliced potatoes, and sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top.
6. Place the layered potatoes in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese gets a nice golden-brown color.
Enjoy! Jó étvágyat! 🙂