- 4 medium potatos, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large tablespoon of
- Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- 300 g pasta of your choice
- Pickled Cornichons to serve
The “Krumplis Teszta” is a quick, delicious and budget-friendly main dish. It takes about half an hour to prepare, and needs only a few ingredients. Easy to make, recommended for beginners too. It is a filling, vegan comfort food.
- Chop onion and garlic very finely and sauté them on oil until translucent.
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes, add to the onion with the paprika powder.
- Stir for a few seconds, then pour in water to cover the potatoes.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta according to instructions.
- When the potatoes are soft, and the water is almost evaporated, mash the potatoes roughly with a fork. Season with salt and lots of freshly grounded pepper.
- Stir the pasta into the potato mixture and serve with picked cornichons.
Adopted from: http://greenevi.com/hungarian-potato-pasta/