Erős Pista is one of the most beloved pepper products, made from ground, raw peppers. You can also make it at home, using sweet peppers, chili peppers, or bell peppers. The ratio of mild to spicy can vary depending on your preference. It comes in handy throughout the year for soups, bread, and meats. You don’t need any preservatives since salt also acts as a preservative.
– 1 kg of bell peppers
– 150 grams of chili peppers
– 150 grams of habanero peppers
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 tablespoon of salt
– 0.5 deciliters of olive oil
5 minutes Simple Inexpensive 1 serving
1. Wash the peppers thoroughly. Remove the stems from the bell peppers (kápia) and cut them into larger pieces. Place them in a bowl. When handling the spicy peppers, if you are not experienced, you can use rubber gloves to protect your hands and yourself from potential discomfort caused by the spiciness.
2. Remove the stems from the chili and habanero peppers and cut them into larger pieces. Add these to the bowl as well. Of course, you can use other spicy peppers, and you can adjust the quantity according to how spicy you want the mixture to be.
3. Place the bell peppers (kápia), chili peppers, and habanero peppers, along with the garlic, into a food processor. Season with salt and drizzle with olive oil. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes until it is finely chopped and pureed.
4. Spoon the prepared pepper cream into sterilized jars, filling them all the way to the top, and seal the jars. You can store the jars in a cool, dark place for months or use the pepper cream immediately.
Enjoy your homemade hot pepper cream!