- 300 g (10,5 oz) all purpose Flour
- 3 eggs
I was born and grown up in a small village next to the big river Danube. My grandfather, who was a fisherman, made Bajai Fisherman’s Soup almost on a daily basis every summer. Sweet summer memories and the smell this soup, made of the fresh catch…make me sentimental. Here’s how to make the pasta for this soup:
- Mix the Flour, Salt and the Eggs, and knead well. Use a Kitchen machine or do it by hands on a pastry board.
- Use a Pasta Machine to flatten the dough evenly till it’s 2 mm (0,08 inch) thick.
- Cut in lenght to 60-70 mm (2,56 inch) wide strips, place them on each other, sprinkle flour between each strips. You can staple 6-8 strips on each other at once.
- With a sharp knife, cut clean the beginning of the stack, and start to cut appr. 2 mm (0,08 inch) wide strips.
- Sprinkle the “matches pasta” on a clean kitchen cloth, and when you have cutted all…
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water, appr. 3-5 minutes, till the pasta float to the surface.
- Drain, and pour some olive oil to prevent the pasta to stick together.
Watch the video we made for you, to understand how easy is to make this pasta.