Who needs cold weather for soup? This vibrant and refreshing dish showcases juicy strawberries, packed with vitamin C. Prepare this easy and colorful soup to beat the summer heat!
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh mint and additional strawberries, optional
- Mash half of the strawberries with a potato masher or fork.
- In a blender, combine remaining strawberries, water, sugar, flour and orange zest; process until smooth. Pour into a 2-qt. saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add mashed strawberries. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in cream. Cover and chill overnight. Serve with mint and strawberries if desired.