Körözött, the iconic Hungarian cheese spread, captures the essence of Hungarian cuisine with its vibrant flavors and patriotic symbolism. By incorporating the red, white, and green tricolor is tastefully represented in this beloved dish. When ordering a Hungarian-inspired meal at any inn or restaurant across the country, it is almost guaranteed that körözött will accompany it, showcasing the quintessential taste of Hungary. Indulge in the rich heritage and irresistible taste of körözött today!
- 250 g “rögös túró” (Hungarian lumpy cottage cheese)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Half a red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- Half a teaspoon ground caraway (if it is a favorite spice, add the seeds themselves)
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and butter, then crumble túró into the mixture. Stir until creamy.
- Chop the red onion into small pieces and add it to the túró cream. Sprinkle with paprika, ground caraway, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Serve Körözött with fresh vegetables or as a bread spread.
|Saturated fat||7.5 g|
|Fruits‚ vegetables‚ nuts and rapeseed‚ walnut and olive oils (estimate from ingredients list analysis)||0 %|