Austrian-Hungarian Poppy Seed Strudel, Rétes
Poppy Seeds Strudel:layered ready-made pastry
200 g Ground Poppy Seed
raisins and sour cherry compote
Actually it is a very simple recipe to make.
- Spred out the ready-made layered pastry sheets on a wet kitchen towel, gently. Take them apart very carefully.
- Take one of the layers at the time end brush with oil. For one Strudel roll, lay 2-3 sheets on each other, each oiled separetaly on the wet kitchen towel.
- Prepere the filling: mix the ground Poppy Seeds with a sprincle of milk and 150 g sugar. We used to add some raisins end sour cherry compote. Mix it well.
- Put the filling on one edge of the pastry, use the kitchen towel to roll up gently.
- Place them on a greased baking tray, brush the top with oil.
- Preheat the owen to 180 degrees Celsius, and bake them for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve it with sprinkled icing sugar.